The name Canadian Kisses comes from the main ingredient of maple syrup which binds this recipe well. The combination of walnuts and oats make these energy balls very filling – you only need one!
- Grind the walnuts in the pestle and mortar until they are in tiny fragments.
- Combine the walnuts with the oats and hemp protein powder.
- Pour in the maple syrup, add the peanut butter and stir well to mix all ingredients together.
- Use a dessert spoon to scoop up half a spoon and roll together in your hands until each one forms an energy ball.
- And finally, roll each energy ball in the milled linseed.
Keep these energy balls on a plate in the fridge (with cling film on top) or in a plastic tub for up to a week.
These energy balls will freeze (up to a fortnight) and taste the same when you defrost (eat within 3 days of defrosting).