Evie (aged 8) and Poppy (aged 7) from Staffordshire, are the first to send in their very own energy ball recipe, with a PINK POWER twist!
These balls of energy help the girls with a mid afternoon boost, after school and before gymnastics classes. No-one wants a grumbly tummy whilst cartwheeling around the gym do they!? These are much healthier than a bar of chocolate and yet sweet enough to banish those pre-teatime cravings!
The girls were so excited to pop to the shops for ingredients and get their pinnies on, and we can see they enjoyed the spoon licking part as much as we do!
We think these energy balls are truly marvellous, well done girls!
How to make Pink Power Energy Balls:
What you’re going to need:
125g pitted dates
250g dried banana
2 tablespoons beetroot powder
3 tablespoons flaked almonds
2 tablespoons cacao powder
5 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons sesame seed paste
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
A sprinkle of beetroot powder, oatbran and seeds for decoration.
Time to get your hands dirty
- Place all ingredients into a food processor and whizz.
- Roll into balls or (as Evie and Poppy prefer) place into small cupcake trays.
- Use sieved beetroot powder or oatbran & seeds to decorate the balls.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container.
- Eat and enjoy! Love Evie and Poppy xx