Last updated 21st May 2018
At Energy Ball Recipes, we take the security of your personal data very seriously. This policy explains our intentions as a business to protect it and explain your rights.
We are compliant with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and will adhere to any changes to this legislation. We have registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
WHO WE ARE: Energy Ball Recipes is the trading name for Victoria Prince, who is the Data Controller and Data Processing Officer.
WHAT IS PERSONAL DATA? Personal information, or personal data, refers to any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not refer to anonymous data. Anonymous data is information where any personal identifiers have been removed.
PERSONAL DATA: WHAT WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
- If you register for our newsletter, we will ask for your first name and email address. This is stored in Mailchimp, which is a GDPR Compliant business.
- If you purchase a one off box, for yourself or a friend, we will ask for both your names, addresses, your email address, phone number and of course payment details. All of the details are stored in Woo Commerce, who are working to be GDPR compliant in time. The payment details will be transacted by Stripe, who are also working to their services being GDPR compliant on time. We will send you an email to confirm your order and update you via email when the box has been dispatched.
- If you subscribe for a monthly box, again, we will ask you for your name, address, phone number and payment details. For this, we use Woo Commerce and Stripe to process your order. We will send you regular updates via email about your subscription with us.
- If you create an account with us, will will also store your username and password.
- If you complete a survey and decide to enter your name and contact details, those details will remain in Survey Monkey who are working towards a GDPR compliance on time.
- We may also send you information and offers through the post if we have your address on record.
- If you enter a giveaway, there are various pieces of your data which may be requested as part of the entry mechanic. Please refer to the terms and conditions of the giveaway.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
- To send you emails newsletters you have requested. You may opt out of these at any time.
- To post our products to you when you have ordered them.
- To assist in the prevention and detection of fraud.
- To request your participation in surveys and product reviews.
- We will contact you by telephone if there is a problem with your order or if we need to get in touch regarding a refund.
- We pass your address to our courier service in order for them to deliver our products to your door. They may contact you via text message and email to confirm the delivery date and time.
- We may also share your data with other business partners, vendors and service providers for various tasks related to the provision of our services, including to help perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, or provide customer support. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide services to Energy Ball Recipes, and they are directed to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
- In the event of a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of the assets, you will be notified by email and/or by a prominent notice on the website of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal data.
The GDPR provides you with a number of rights in relation to your personal data:
- You have a right to access the personal data we hold on you, simply fill out our contact form and add SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST.
In the first instance we will provide a copy of the information free of charge.
- We may charge a reasonable administration fee when a request is manifestly unfounded or excessive or to comply with requests for further copies of the same information although this does not mean that we will charge for all subsequent access requests.
- We will without delay and within 1 month of your request (subject to extensions in some cases):
You have a right to rectification. If we hold your personal data and you know of an update, please fill out our contact form and add DATA RECTIFICATION.
- You have the right to be forgotten. We will delete your details from Mailchimp, Woo Commerce and Stripe if you fill in our contact form and add DELETE MY PERSONAL DATA
YOUR USERNAME AND PASSWORD:
You are responsible for keeping your password confidential and secret. Anyone given your password will have the ability to edit your user settings at any time. As such and for other important security reasons, we urge you to keep your password secure and safe at all times if you are assigned or create one.
By using our Site, you acknowledge that you and you alone are responsible for the security of your username and password.
We do not have access to your password, as it is encrypted in our Woo Commerce system.
HOW LONG DO WE PROCESS YOUR DETAILS FOR?
CHILDREN UNDER 18:
Energy Ball Recipes does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of eighteen. Our website is not directed to individuals under the age of eighteen (18), and we request that such individuals do not provide personally identifiable information through the website.
OPT OUT AND UNSUBSCRIBE:
There will be an unsubscribe link in every email we send. You can opt out of marketing emails at any time. You cannot opt out of informational emails if you are subscribed to received our regular box, as this is contractual information. If you do not wish to receive our emails then you must cancel your regular subscription box.
SSL AND ENCRYPTION:
We use the latest secure server technology to ensure your information is protected to the highest standards. We use encryption to safeguard your personal information and only accept orders from web browsers that permit communication through Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology – this means you cannot inadvertently place an order through an unsecured connection. Most web browsers above version three support this security. This encryption makes it virtually impossible for unauthorised parties to read any information that you send us. The encryption technique we use is the highest standard available for e-commerce.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES:
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY: