Ok, there are a lot of chia seeds here. And that does make this one of the more expensive recipes that we’ve made but oh so tasty! It all started when Vic tipped in a few too many seeds and hey presto! A scrummy energy ball recipe – aka a happy accident!
How to make Chia Up!
Time to get your hands dirty
- Grind 70g walnuts in a pestle and mortar then add 1 teaspoon cacao powder and 2 dessert spoons of maple syrup and stir.
- Mix in 1 heaped dessert spoon peanut butter (we use the Meridian coconut and peanut butter for this one). Make sure it’s blended well.
- Then, add 2.5 dessert spoons of chia seeds (this recipe was made by accident when too many chia seeds spilt into the bowl!)
- Stir them into the mixture and form the energy balls. Do this by rolling them in your hands until round. You can finish them off by rolling them in chia seeds, or leave as they are.
- Pop in the freezer for 10 minutes and then keep in the fridge for up to a week.