Say hello to your new favourite (and totally healthy) snack. With tasty cranberries, a heap of hemp protein and pumpkin seeds, it tricks you into thinking it’s naughty like chocolate fudge, but it’s actually jam-packed with nutrients! Please try really hard not to eat too many as soon as you’ve made them, they will last up to a week in the fridge 🙂
How to make ‘Fudgey’ Chocolate Energy Balls
What you’re going to need:
Time to get your hands dirty
- Weigh out 50g cranberries, 10g hemp protein powder, 10g pumpkin seeds and 10g cacao powder and place into a food processor to whizz into a dry mixture.
- Then scoop 2 dessert spoons of coconut oil into a separate bowl and place in the microwave for 10 seconds.
- and mix the wet and dry ingredients together.
- Add 100g ground almonds to this new mixture and once that has been stirred well, add 3 dessert spoons maple syrup so that the mixture is ready to roll into small balls in the palm of your hands.
- Roll in a little bit of cacao powder for a finishing touch (optional)
- Pop in the freezer for 10 minutes and then keep your ”fudgey’ chocolate energy balls in the fridge for up to a week.