The only thing greener than this gloriously fresh energy ball? Your friends when they eat them and realise how delish they are.
Spirulina is a superfood, grown in ponds in China. Yep, it sounds a bit gross, but it’s really high in nutrients, so we figure that it’s no brainer not to add into an energy ball recipe or two!
How to make the Mean Green one!
Time to get your hands dirty
- Grind all the walnuts in mini food processor, I like the Tommee Tipee one for babies best!
- Add 4 heaped dessert spoons hazelnut butter (or any nut butter) and 2 dessert spoons of maple syrup and stir.
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon spirulina powder into the mixture and stir. I don’t stir it in too much, as I prefer a marbled effect, but if you like them to look perfect, you could pop everything back into a larger food processor at this point.
- Take small pieces of mixture and roll into little green energy balls, about 1 inch wide.
- Move these lean, green energy machines into an airtight container and keep in the fridge for up to a week.