Whilst browsing her local deli, Vic came across a bottle of rose water and wondered how she could add this to an energy ball recipe.
So she spoke to a couple of friends in the aromatherapy world and concocted this recipe to highlight the subtle aromas of the rose, accompanied by cacao nibs – just in time for Valentines Day.
With a hint of beetroot powder, which turns the balls pink, these rose and beetroot energy balls could be a healthy alternative to buying your loved ones some chocolates this year.
Here’s how to make the rose and beetroot one:
Time to mix those ingredients:
- Weigh out the oats, cacao nibs and cranberries into one bowl.
- Add these dry ingredients to a food processor and whizz until they are a fine powder.
- Blend in the peanut butter, using the back of a spoon, until it is mixed in well.
- Sprinkle the beetroot powder into the bowl and add the rose water to the mixture, stir well.
- Take a small amount of mixture and roll into a ball, smaller than a golf ball, but larger than a marble.
- Place the energy balls into an airtight container and keep in the fridge for up to a week.
You can eat these rose and beetroot energy balls straight away or freeze them for 10 minutes to make them a little denser. Also taste pretty good with a cup of Pukka Womankind tea mid-morning snack!